PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Waltham Molecular Diagnostics and Process Development R&D team. This role will focus on collaborative work in the development of several molecular assays, including real-time PCR and LabChip. The position will contribute to projects and provide accurate results to assure the timely launch of reagent kits for Research and Clinical use.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate attention to detail, good benchwork skills, follow SOPs, be a highly motivated team member, be able to deliver on clear targets, and effectively communicate results.
- Technically contribute to multiple projects developing reagent kits for molecular diagnostics and system integration
- Hands-on involvement in molecular assay development, verification and validation
- Own and drive technical sub-projects as needed to guarantee overall project success
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members
- Actively contribute to technical root cause activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks internally and with customers
- With guidance, create documentation for R&D DHF deliverables according to PerkinElmer Design Control Process for IVD or RUO products (feasibility plan/report, reagent/software requirements, verification & validation plan/report)
- Ensure timely completion of all relevant deliverables. Plan own work in alignment with overall timelines of the R&D projects and support other team members.
- BS or above in relevant science field, such as biology, molecular biology, or cell biology.
- 5+ years of Industry experience in the life science with BS degree, or 3+ years of Industry experience with Masters Degree, or 0+ year Industry experience with Ph.D. degree.
- Excellent knowledge of molecular methods for DNA purification, cloning and amplification, real-time PCR
- Working experience in study design, sample preparation, and data processing for real-time PCR assay
- Good bench work skills and an ability to perform careful and consistent experimental procedures
- Experience with IVD product validation is a plus.
- Experience with liquid handling automation or sample prep automation is a plus
- Experience with statistical data analysis tools (e.g. JMP, Minitab) is a plus
- Experience with different real-time PCR instruments (Bio-Rad, Thermofisher, Roche) or LabChip is a plus
- Track record of publications in related field is a plus
- Self-planning, strong sense of ownership and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, where change is a constant
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.