Pediatric Potential Inc is a non-profit organization committed to strengthening the well-being of children and families around the world through research, teaching and outreach to improve pediatric healthcare experiences.
Our services foster new resources and sustainable support systems for our partner hospitals, clinics, and NGOs globally, enabling them to enhance protective frameworks and strengthen healthcare experiences for the hospitalized children and families in their care.
Pediatric Potential is currently seeking a Social Media & Design Intern, who is keen to use their background to develop original content geared towards the business objective of increasing organizational brand awareness via social media and fundraising platforms.
This internship will provide the opportunity to work closely with our international team to create an innovative online brand awareness plan. The Social Media & Design Intern will support our Executive team, and will be given the opportunity to utilize their studies and/or past work experience in a practical manner with social media brand development.
Those with previous non-profit work experience and interest in our mission are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating original content in-line with our brand identity
- Scheduling content for social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Contributing to online fundraising campaigns
- Updating our social media content calendar
- Tracking social media strategy progress and metrics (followers, shares, etc.)
- Strategizing new ideas and opportunities for success
- Attending a weekly team meeting
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate in graphic design, marketing or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Spark, Adobe Illustrator
- Development and design skills
- Well-versed in Internet technologies and social media applications
- Ability to interpret social media engagement metrics
- Strong written communication skills
- Understands the mission of our organization, including the brand, target audience, and goals
- Professionalism and ability to collaboratively to achieve organizational goals
- Organized, with an ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Self-starter; creative problem-solver
- Ability to work remotely and connect via web conferencing, file sharing and messaging platforms
Suggested skills, not required:
- Proficiency in Canva, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Premier, a plus
- Background in marketing, communication, and/or non-profit business development
- 10-15 hours/week for a minimum of six (6) months with an option for extension up to twelve (12) months, depending on organizational needs and the interest/availability of the candidate.
- Flexible start/end date(s), depending on the college/university requirements of the applicant
Remote with flexible hours.
This is an unpaid position. However, the internship can be utilized for school credit (if applicable) by the college/university of the applicant.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects with a global non-profit to contribute to your work portfolio and can result in a valuable reference for future endeavors.