Organization Mission: The Pebble Tossers mission is to equip and empower youth to lead through service. Our goal is to ignite a passion for volunteerism in youth that develops their character and impacts our world.
Inclusion and Teamwork:
Pebble Tossers is a small nonprofit with one full-time employee, several independent contractors and a board of directors, so interns are not just observers in our organization; they are an integral part of everything we do!
The Program Intern will work directly with the Executive Director and Youth Program Manager. Whether through email or in person, the senior team is available to clarify questions necessary to complete a project. The Executive Director hosts weekly staff meetings to bring the team together to discuss weekly goals and accomplishments.
Hours expected: 15 – 20 hour per week. We are flexible about office hours and allow interns to do much of their work remotely (as long as they have access to a computer).
Build Life-long Skills:
At Pebble Tossers, we focus on building skills that you can apply for a lifetime, including: communication, leadership, presentation, project management, resiliency, personal flexibility and technology. Through meaningful work, interns will:
- Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions
- Use computers, technology, tools and information systems effectively
- Build and work in teams
- Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility of projects
- Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change
- Will assist with the implementation of youth development programming, such as the Teen Leadership Board, which will consist of youth across the metro Atlanta area creating and being involved in service learning projects.
- Help increase the quality of current and future service learning projects
- Review outcomes for past projects
- Contact new local nonprofit partners to coordinate projects
- Work with Program Manager to implement large-scale volunteer projects
- Communicate regularly with students, members and nonprofit partners so all parties are well informed of project plans and logistics.
- Assist with upcoming Special Events
- Assist with grant writing and other fundraising efforts
- Lead service projects
- Utilize all applications of Google for Nonprofit Grants tailored to Pebble Tossers specific needs, including Adwords, Analytics, etc.
- College or College Graduate student and beyond
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Personal qualities of initiative, organization, reliability, flexibility, curiosity, energy and collaboration
- Ability to work with a range of people and show sensitivity to individual differences
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination
- Commitment to the mission of youth development
- Availability to work an occasional evening and weekend as needed
About Pebble Tossers, Inc.
Pebble Tossers, a youth development nonprofit engaging & educating 16,000+ youth through service, connects youth with diverse programs across Metro Atlanta.