At Pattern Bioscience, we’re tackling antibiotic resistance, named by the CDC as one of the biggest public health challenges of our time. We use AI and single-cell analysis to quickly recognize the bacteria causing an infection and to predict which drugs will cure the infection, even if it is multi-drug-resistant.
Our team is brought together by a shared passion for our mission to cure and prevent antibiotic-resistant infections, improving one of the world’s most important health decisions. We’re not just invested in combating antibiotic resistance; we’re also invested in our people.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Scientist to streamline and enhance our data analysis and feature engineering. You will design and implement algorithms that transform our raw image data into representations suitable for our downstream prediction models, and you will derive insights through data analysis and visualization. Your colleagues will be multi-disciplinary and include microbiologists, material scientists, chemists, biomedical and mechanical engineers. We are seeking a talented individual who will embrace our mission and flourish in a dynamic, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment.
How You Will Contribute
- Leverage machine learning, and other statistical methods to optimize our data reduction and feature engineering pipelines.
- Quantify the efficacy of your various algorithms using statistical analysis.
- Build tools to automate or streamline assay quality assurance.
- Analyze data produced from multiple sources of our platform to derive new insights.
- Transform complex data into simple to understand stories through data visualization.
Core Competencies Required
- Strong data visualization techniques and passionate about telling visual stories with data.
- Machine learning.
- Experience with biological sample images.
- A strong background in numerical analysis, image and signal processing.
- Fluency in at least Python, C++ or C.
- Experience with OpenCV or similar frameworks.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You
- Have an outstanding work ethic and passion for multi-disciplinary product development.
- Have a drive to innovate, find and solve problems.
- Are insightful, capable of working independently, and enjoy working in a collaborative setting.
- Are a continuous learner and inherently curious.
- Are a problem-solver, including identifying problems no one else has anticipated.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or physical sciences like Chemistry or Physics.