Global Health Non-Profit Management Internship
Internship Description: Partners for World Health is looking for undergraduate, graduate students or recent graduates who have excellent oral and written skills, are able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, are well organized, able to work independently, have a positive attitude, and enjoy collaborating with a team in a dynamic work environment.
Interns at Partners for World Health are included in all aspects of our operation, exposed to our work on global health issues, and provided with numerous opportunities to develop strong leadership skills.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in the daily operations of PWH
- Identify and prepare volunteer tasks in advance for up to 30 volunteers per day
- Learn to receive, organize, assess, and re-package medical items
- Instruct and manage volunteer tasks
- Oversee multiple volunteers at once, answering questions and making decisions as needed
- Develop strong people skills
Medical Category Management
- Own a specific PWH medical category
- Assess, organize and improve existing process documents for organization and task work within specified PWH medical category
- Develop new processes and documentation as needed
- Conduct research to become knowledgeable about the medical category
PWH Program-driven Project
- Duties as assigned
- Undergraduate, graduate students or recent graduates
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and working well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized, with a demonstrated ability to proactively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and commitment to at least 16 hours per week
- Passion for the PWH mission
The internship runs from the end of January to early May (dates are flexible) – Part-time or Full-time, Tuesday through Saturday.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and close on December 31, 2020. Apply early for best consideration!
PWH is happy to discuss with students looking to fulfill their practicum requirements.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Zoë Lewis (email@example.com)