Palladian Partners, an Altarum company based in Silver Spring, MD, provides comprehensive communications support services to some of the biggest names in biomedical and public health. We’re looking for an outstanding Biomedical Science and Health Writer to join our Editorial team. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people’s lives with quality health information.
Our office is currently operating virtually. This position is open to a combination of part-time remote/virtual work and part-time office-based work.
To be considered for this position, you must be adept at writing for a variety of audiences, from scientific experts to the general public, about wide-ranging health-related topics including the latest advances in gene therapy and editing, stroke risk factors, clinical research participation, messaging around viral outbreaks, and more. Responsibilities will include some combination of the following:
- Edit and/or write scientifically accurate, plain-language web content about a wide range of biomedical research and public health topics based on established content strategy
- Develop, write, and edit client blog posts and other client communications
- Contribute to support of senior-level communication materials including talking points, briefing papers, materials for webinars, PowerPoint presentations, and reports
- Attend virtual or in-person scientific conferences and summarize proceedings
- Write and edit memos, newsletters, fact sheets, and other print and digital products
- Interview scientists and thought leaders at major U.S. research institutions
- Contribute to social media and video projects
- Work directly with clients and collaborate with other staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, journalism, English, or similar field; advanced degree in a life science or science writing is a plus
- Three+ years of science writing and editing experience
- Ability to translate very technical scientific content into lively prose for lay audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding web and print content on deadline
- Outstanding customer service skills
You’ll earn bonus points if you have:
- Training or education specific to science writing
- Plain language writing or writing and editing for low-literacy audiences
- Experience crafting messages and using web writing best practices
- Experience attending and writing summaries of scientific meetings
- Experience writing video scripts and speeches
- Experience working in a government contracting environment
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. Palladian prizes diversity in all its forms, and employees work in an environment in which all voices are heard and valued. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.