Otter’s mission is to provide accessible and innovative digital solutions for the outdoor industry to save them time and money while also protecting the outdoors by combating deforestation.Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Otter are builders at heart and tree huggers. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to reduce their environmental impact on the planet.
Otter is seeking Research Interns to join our team to discover new innovations for the outdoor industry. These teams are part of the Otter Applied Research Department to reduce paper consumption in the USA and research the impact outdoor companies have on the environment.
The opportunities and challenges of this work are immense. As a Research Intern, you will help us apply cutting-edge NLP algorithms to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Otter. The duration of this internship is 16 weeks with Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
- Perform research to advance the technology in the outdoor industry
- Contribute research that can be applied to Otter product development.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Interview industry experts and leaders
- A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research.
- BA in computer Science
- Extrovert willing to talk to people
- Experience in Google Sheets / Excel, writing
- Data analytics
- Program Language experience 2 years.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Data Visualization experience