Oregon Ridge Nature Center is seeking responsible, motivated and organized interns to learn to assist Naturalists in the care and operation of the Nature Center and Park. Intern duties include; assisting with hands-on, outdoor environmental education programs, live animal care, program materials maintenance, marketing, trail and garden work, interaction with park visitors, and material development for new or renovated exhibits.
To be considered for the position, candidates must:
- Pursuing a course of study in natural sciences, environmental science, science education, outdoor recreation or a related field.
- Be able to commit 12 hours per week for the duration of a semester
- Have reliable transportation to and from Oregon Ridge
- Able to work both independently and in a group
- Complete and pass the background check via the Baltimore County Website