Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country – including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS – Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro continues to work primarily remote due to COVID-19. Interviews and onboarding for new candidates will be done remotely for the foreseeable future.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the go to market strategy for Optoro’s industry leading, end to end returns platform that powers returns for leading retailers across the globe. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will be involved in all aspects of the Product and Sales process, from influencing the product roadmap to developing product packaging, positioning, messaging, and sales enablement materials. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining Optoro’s key Product Marketing deliverables, including buyer personas, competitive intelligence, sales and customer feedback, and win/loss analysis, to catalyze the sales process, increase win rate, and drive revenue for the business. The ideal candidate works quickly and thoughtfully to deliver impact and takes pride and ownership in growing the business to reach its full potential.
- Go to Market Strategy: Help define, plan, and execute the go to market strategy for the product portfolio in deep partnership with the Product and Sales teams.
- Buyer Personas: Educate the organization on key buyer personas, understand their role in the sales process, and build compelling resources for objection handling. Develop content/collateral for each stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Competitive Intelligence: Develop a point of view on competition today and in the future. Craft competitive takeaway campaigns and serve as the key point of contact for all competitive information and enablement.
- Product Messaging & Positioning: Craft powerful messaging and positioning for the product portfolio centered around solving key pain points for the customer. Tailor messaging and positioning by audience, vertical, and stage in the sales process.
- Content Creation: Develop and deliver high impact Product Marketing materials, including collateral, case studies, sales decks, and demos.
- Sales Enablement: Create and conduct sales enablement and training sessions that cover industry trends, the product portfolio, our key value proposition, and competitive positioning.
- Market & Customer Research: Support Product and Technology teams in developing the mid to long term product roadmap using market trends, areas of opportunity, and client needs as resources. Own the sales and customer feedback loops to drive customer usage and adoption and ensure the organization is continuing to learn and grow.
- Win/Loss Analysis: Conduct win/loss analysis on new and closed deals to understand what works well and what needs adjustments to win in market.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Serve as a subject matter expert on the product portfolio and all related components to support marketing programs, press opportunities, and analyst relations.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of B2B Product Marketing, Marketing, or Strategy Consulting experience. Retail, Technology, or Supply Chain industry experience preferred. Sales Enablement experience a plus.
- Strong, trust based relationships with the Sales, Marketing, Product, Technology, and Executive teams to bridge the gap between vision and execution and win in market.
- Pragmatic, outcomes oriented individual who acts as a self starter, initiating projects, juggling multiple workstreams, and efficiently collaborating with teams across functions to get things done.
- Curious, critical thinker who seeks to become an expert in whatever they do.
- Passion for growth, excellence, and improving existing processes.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.