Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country – including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS – Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro continues to work primarily remote due to COVID-19. Interviews and onboarding for new candidates will be done remotely for the foreseeable future.
Our Sales team drives the entire company forward by bringing our software platform to new customers and key up-sell products to our successful install base – every single day. We are a tight-knit, high-energy crew that comprises Business Development, Account Executives, and Sales Engineering.
We’re looking to hire a Business Development Representative (BDR) who will initiate customer acquisition. If you do well, a number of growth opportunities will be available, including graduating into our Sales or Client Success teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research companies and identify valuable leads from high target prospective clients
- Contact (call and email) a targeted list of leads each day to ensure that they are fully aware of Optoro’s capabilities and qualify them to speak with a member of the Sales team
- Articulate the Company’s value proposition to decision-makers at Fortune 500 companies to assess buying interest
- Follow up promptly with all leads (inbound and outbound) delivering a positive prospect experience with every interaction
- Work closely with the Sales team to handoff qualified leads and schedule initial calls & meetings
- Continually increase industry knowledge and acumen to effectively position Optoro’s solution with each key buyer
- Keep full and accurate records of outreach and prospect conversations in the Company’s CRM
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with an understanding of the importance of building a positive image for both yourself and the Company
- Provide regular market feedback from prospect conversations to the Marketing team so that the Company’s messaging can continually be refined
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Motivated to meet and surpass goals
- Intellectually curious and a lifelong learner
- Ability to understand and promote technical offerings
- Works well with others in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of professionalism in all dealings
- Background in the retail industry a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.