Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country – including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS – Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Our Sales team drives the entire company forward by bringing our software platform to new customers and key up-sell products to our successful install base – every single day. We are a tight-knit, high-energy crew that comprises Business Development, Account Executives, and Sales Engineering.
As the Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager you will be responsible for continuing to lead and scale our business development organization. You will be an integral part of the sales leadership team by providing continuous mentorship for our BDRs, refining our top end of the sales process, defining and tracking our KPIs and spearheading BDR recruiting. You will work closely with other leaders in sales, marketing, sales operations, and product marketing to drive the strategy for the sales development team. The manager executes company and department strategies and upholds standards to ensure that sales goals are met or exceeded. This people manager role requires a self-starting, proactive, results-oriented sales manager.
Who Will Love This Job
- A Coach: You love teaching your team how to think differently and motivating them to continuously evolve in their sales career.
- A Numbers Nerd: You recognize the importance of a quantitative approach to making decisions.
- A Leader: You strive to elevate your team every day. You lead by example and inspire others to achieve and exceed their goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, coach, and manage a high producing team of Business Development Representatives, to generate pipeline through meetings with new prospects
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed monthly pipeline building quotas through coaching and mentorship
- Design and present training curriculum, courses, supporting documentation and certifications from onboarding to continued message updates
- Create business development resources including, but not limited to, call scripts and prospecting emails to ensure consistency and effectiveness through all messaging
- Mentor your team members to create clear paths toward their career goals
- Collaborate with the Optoro sales team to ensure a smooth hand-off of initial sales meetings. Review the quality of scheduled meetings on a regular basis
- Report on metrics and forecast to senior sales management by analyzing pipeline quality and revenue influenced by the team
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads and make pipeline creation a priority
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to product, sales and marketing leadership
- At least 2 years in sales management experience, preferably in a business development role at a fast-paced tech company
- 2 years minimum of additional previous sales experience, preferably time spend as a BDR/SDR
- Thrive in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Flexible and adaptive to changing conditions at a growing company
- Experience with sales tech stack (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach/Salesloft, ZoomInfo, Gong, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Location: Washington DC (preferred), possibility for remote
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.