At Open Access Technology International, Inc. (OATI), your career is always on the move. Our employees have expertise across diverse verticals and technology platforms. OATI combines the agility of a small company with the stability of a large company. We have built a nurturing and rewarding culture diligently over the last 26 years. Our work culture is collaborative and we encourage every team member to go beyond their defined roles and learn more. If you are looking for an energetic, challenging, and rewarding career, then OATI is the place to be! To learn more, please visit our website at www.oati.com.
OATI is seeking a Microgrid Controls Engineer to aid in the design, programming, and deployment/testing of microgrid systems. OATI’s Microgrid group is growing and looking to add additional qualified staff to the team.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (Technology), or Computer Science
- 1-3 years direct experience with automation technology in electrical control systems
- Experience programming SEL RTAC or other IEC 61131-3 compliant automation controllers/PLCs
- Valid US driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Local to MN
Prior experience with the following technology is a plus:
- Automation protocols such as Modbus/TCP, DNP3/IP, SEL protocol
- Monitoring protocols such as SNMP
- Experience with cogeneration, microgrids, renewable energy, energy storage
- Experience with SEL RTAC or other IEC 61131-3 compliant automation controllers/PLCs
- Experience with RHEL/CENTOS Linux, Pacemaker clustering, Wireshark/TCPDUMP, SSH, general scripting/coding in computing systems
- Experience with SEL Relays
- Can interpret engineering diagrams
- Can develop and author controls documents, sequence of operation, testing plans, and network/communications diagrams
- Can program automation controllers or PLCs
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to identify electrical/mechanical controls and systems issues
- Detail, quality, and documentation oriented personality
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
OATI offers full-time employment with competitive salary and benefits, including 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, and excellent health and dental insurance programs. OATI prides itself on providing a stable, supportive environment for career development with opportunities for future growth and promotion within the company. Applicants must be self-motivated, energetic, and willing to work in a team-oriented company.
To apply please send resume to:
OATI is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or protected Veteran status.
OATI is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Personnel Services Department at 763.201.2000 x 1262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.