College Internship Job Description
Are you ready to launch your career within the Hospitality industry? At Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and Affiliates, we offer summer internships at various locations throughout the company. More than just a summer job, internships with Ocean Properties Hotels Resorts and Affiliates provide college students with an opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced and talented individuals in the hospitality industry. Ocean Properties was started in the 1950s by Thomas T. Walsh as a small family business with one hotel and since has grown into one of the largest consortium of hotel operating and development groups in North America operating over 100 hotels with over 17,000 guestrooms. In addition to developing and managing hotels and resorts, Ocean Properties develop and operate restaurants, spas, golf courses, commercial real estate, and marina operations; on behalf of third party investors and lenders. Participants in Ocean Properties Internship program work on challenging assignments, while partnering with experienced colleagues who are committed to helping them learn and develop skills throughout the program.
What we offer:
- Interactive orientation
- Coaching and feedback sessions
- Competitive Salary
- Reasonably priced housing at select properties
- Discounted rooms at Marriott and Starwood Hotels
- Work with students from across the country and internationally
- Exposure to all aspects of the hotel industry including luxury and resorts brands.
- Interns placement based on individual interest and business demands
- Areas include; guest services, food and beverage, spa, sales, accounting and marketing.
- What we expect:
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Candidates must have completed sophomore year.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age, must maintain a 2.0 GPA or better in the major.
- Candidates must meet specified requirements and qualifications determined by each hiring manager.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorship opportunities currently.
- Optimal candidates understand the time, flexibility, commitment, positive attitude and passion it takes to be successful in this rewarding industry.
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication are key traits for this position.