ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
One Acre Fund is growing fast: we aim to more than double in scale within the next five years. This growth will be fueled by fundraising. We are looking for a passionate professional with project and relationship management experience to join the Business Development team.
You will report to our Business Development and Partnerships Manager, and immediately take on ownership of the mid-level donor portfolio (donors giving between $5K and $50K) with mentorship from your supervisor. This is a career-track position, with multiple pathways to management based on performance and preference.
Major Gifts Relationship Manager:
- Lead the mid-level donor program for the Business Development team by creating a fundraising strategy aimed at growing revenue from this donor segment.
- Create a year-round stewardship calendar for mid-level donors to ensure that donors receive appropriate and timely recognition for the impact that their gift hason the farmers that One Acre Fund serves.
- Coordinate annual renewal letters/emails distribution for mid-level donors.
- Ensure accurate tracking of mid-level donor information and reporting requirements in Salesforce
- Over time, develop strategies aimed at advancing mid-level donors into higher levels of giving
US Team Connectivity & Operations Support:
- Manage NYC office, including coordination with WeWork and support of 1AF staff office usage
- Coordinate global team events including: professional development training days, summer picnics and holiday party, and quarterly alignment calls
Stewardship of One Acre Fund’s High-Value Donors
- Coordinate closely with the One Acre Fund CEO each quarter to ensure timely distribution of donor outreach materials to One Acre Fund’s high-value donors.
- Propose potential topics/themes to the CEO for inclusion in the quarterly donor outreach
- Maintain the CEO’s donor contact list ensuring that addresses and contact information is up-to-date in tracker and in Salesforce
- Manage the production and physical mailing of the end-of-year holiday gifts for One Acre Fund’s high-value donors, coordinating closely with the Communications Department and the CEO
Business Development Team Functioning:
- Provide support for the planning and coordination of recurring Business Development fundraising events including the annual Gala, virtual NY fundraisers, and the Skoll Conference.
- Provide administrative support for monthly team meetings, including managing calendaring and conference call logistics.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Experience coordinating fundraising events/campaigns/appeals
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunity to the hardest-working farmers on the planet.
- Language: English
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
New York, United States of America
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of United States of America
17 November 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.