Job: Database Manager & Webmaster
Supported By: Bill Scheurer, Executive Director
and Darlene Johnson, Office Administrator
About On Earth Peace
On Earth Peace (OEP) is a nonprofit organization that develops and walks with leaders and communities who work for justice and peace, using the spiritual and practical disciplines of active nonviolence, community building, and conflict transformation. We work with churches and community groups, youth and young adults, and individuals of all ages. OEP is also an agency of the Church of the Brethren, a Historic Peace Church.
Learn more about OEP here: http://www.OnEarthPeace.org/
What You’ll Do:
You will work closely with our executive director and our staff to manage and improve the effective use of our constituent relationship management (CRM) database of donors and followers. This may include a wide range of projects to clean up, migrate, and integrate our constituent data in the NationBuilder platform; along with integrating add-on applications, and developing workable user interfaces, profiles, views, and reports for a range of users.
NationBuilder also has a content management system (CMS) integrated with its CRM and our social media accounts. Since our websites interact with our constituent data in a seamless integration, you also will become our webmaster during this internship. This includes keeping pages and modules engaging and up-to-date, and helping us make full use of the NationBuilder platform, including such features as email blasts, petitions, events, and donations pages.
What You’ll Learn
You will become very experienced and knowledgeable in the management of constituent data for strategic purposes in an enterprise that happens to be a nonprofit organization. You also will learn how to work in a professional environment. And, you will gain significant exposure to the principles and practices of active nonviolence, community building, and conflict transformation, which will help prepare you for building justice and peace as an integral part of your life.
What We’re Looking For
Do you have natural gifts for understanding and organizing information in structured ways? Does using powerful apps and platforms come easily to you? Do you love working on your own, and with teams? If so, we also are looking for these specific interests and skills:
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with taking initiative and working on your own, and with working in close collaboration with teams and groups as needed.
- Multitasking finisher who can prioritize and make progress on multiple projects at once (both in parallel and serial), and is committed to finalizing each project on time.
- Willingness to try new things, take risks, accept responsibility, and learn.
- A very quick learner of computer languages, platforms, and applications.
- Someone who can work with abstract concepts and exacting detail at the same time.
- A Computer Science or related major, with ability and interest in relational database management (RDBM) systems, constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, spreadsheet power user tools, and data and workflow process design and planning.
- A passion for the work of justice and peace, and a genuine interest in learning more about the practices of active nonviolence and conflict transformation.
This job will be done from your school or home. You will need good internet access. You will need to be available for regular phone meetings, as well as reachable as needed by email, phone, text, and video call.
Position Available (Date)
This job is available all three semesters (fall, spring, summer) on a rolling basis. We are open to more than one intern at a time working in our antimilitarism team.
Revision date: 06/17/2019