DC Office Intern
The DC Office Internship position is focused around building and cultivating a passion for the minutiae of politics. Interns will be able to get hands-on experience handling constituent cases, writing grants, attending events (as COVID and safety allows), and directly interfacing with stakeholders in our district. This internship is for those who love to see the implementation of policy as well as it’s creation, as well as those who feel satisfaction in assisting others.
- Answer and process all incoming calls and voicemails
- Manage incoming legislative requests and correspondences from government officials
- Engage with the day-to-day operations of a Congressional office, and get hands on experience with both local and Federal politics
- Learn the ins and outs of the various positions available on the Hill, from Comms work to Legislative research
- Work with our various teams on projects ranging from appropriations tracking and bill writing, to social media drafting and press analysis
- Work with an assigned staff buddy on more focused projects tailored to your interests and passions
- Other duties as assigned by the internship coordinator
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Experience: Clear interest in constituent service and outreach. Passion for political science and Federal politics. Proficiency and interest in policy or communications. Demonstrated engagement in the 6th District.