• Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
• Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness.
• Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
• Set-ups and prepares all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and
• Performs venipuncture for plasmapheresis procedures.
• Disconnects donor after plasmapheresis process is completed.
• Maintains proper ratio to ensure donor safety and to quality of product.
• Operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all
alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
• Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
• Monitors donors and maintains awareness to any reactions to ensure donor safety.
• Monitors equipment operations to ensure quality of product.
• Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment and biohazard waste.
• Ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
• Performs calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
• Ensures donor confidentiality, meet customer service expectations, greet and acknowledge
donors as they are assigned to donation area and after completing donation process.
• Maintains thorough familiarity with all State and Federal Regulations, Standard Operating
Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
• Maintains general cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
• Maintains/stocks adequate inventory and replenish supplies on plasma carts.
• Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Senior Phlebotomist and/or Center Management.
• Performs other job related tasks as assigned.