The role of the Social Media Strategist is to create and manage the successful implementation
of social media strategy for Octane’s clients. He or she understands how to develop content
that is engaging to various target audiences, and how to pinpoint when and why content is
successful. This individual should know the latest social media trends, tactics and updates like
the back of their hand. As a more mid-level social media contributor, the Social Media Strategist
will be client-facing and work with other team members to develop impactful and effective
Octane is specifically looking for someone interested in sports marketing and sports writing.
This role will report to the Digital Director and will report regularly on the success of social
Responsibilities will include:
• Strategy – Develop and oversee the implementation of campaign social media
strategies, reporting to the Digital Director as needed. Provide recommendations on
social media tools, strategies, tactics and reporting metrics to Digital Director. Present
social media strategies to clients for client approval.
• Analytics – Oversee qualitative and quantitative social media analytics, employing social
media when necessary. Ensure that social media analytics are expertly incorporated into
client reports. Train all social media team members on tracking key social media
successes. Work with the Digital Director to improve social media performance across
all client accounts.
• Content Creation – Develop social content to include social media messages, as well as
other long format content that may fall in-line with the social and digital media strategy.
Manage the development of visual (video, graphic and photo) content by a creative
vendor or in-house creative team. Ensure that all campaigns or client collateral is
developed to launch effectively on social media platforms.
• Advertising – Create and manage the entire paid social media campaigns process,
including media plan creation, creative development, copy creation, plan
implementation and optimization.
• Social Media Engagement – Develop and implement client social media engagement
and customer service strategies. Ensure that communities on social media feel heard
and ensure that social media communities grow. Utilize social media listening to grow
brand presence and followership.
• Social Media Quality Control – Work with all Octane social media contributors to
ensure quality control of social media messaging, engagement and campaigns.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a sports related field or interest in sports is required
• 2 – 4 years’ experience in content creation for social media and/or digital marketing
• Intermediate experience in social-first video and graphic creation is required
• Ability to effectively communicate social media strategies and results to clients
• Effective written, verbal and visual communicator
• Ability to innovate and create social media copy, digital images, digital videos, and social
media campaign concepts rapidly when necessary
• Able to effectively manage multiple vendors and paid social campaigns while
consistently delivering quality day-to-day social media content
• Strong team player who can communicate complicated topics effectively to other team
• Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, public health or journalism
• A strong understanding of social media analytics/KPIS and how they can be used to
• Flawless writing and editing skills; any applicant in this role must have the ability to
constantly copy edit his or her written content for social media
• Experience with common social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube and/or ability to quickly master new social platforms
• Familiarity with social media scheduling tools like Sprout Social, Hootsuite or Falcon
Additional Qualifications (Not necessary, but desired)
• Experience with writing colloquial Spanish
• Design background and familiarity with the following Adobe Creative Suite elements:
Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects
• Experience with video production using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
Qualified candidates please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.