The senior research chemist position will include a range of duties to support a variety of projects and products in development. This will include leading projects, support, ideation, sample preparation, equipment set-up and maintenance, purchasing of supplies, testing, etc. Senior Scientist is expected to be a core contributor to the Materials and Energy group tasked with identifying next generation disruptive products and technologies and drive development of these products to commercialization.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Ideate, lead, and execute research to develop novel materials for different industry challenges.
- Developing and submitting funding proposals for R&D projects to various entities (Govt and Non-Govt)
- Apply quantitative chemistry and materials science knowledge to solve problems and plan work
- Identify analytical and synthetic chemistry solutions to support multi-disciplinary research projects
- Exercise technical proficiency in the design, execution, and data informed interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals
- Work closely within multiple research project teams and provide timely updates of progress and task completion.
- Participate and support the activities of other scientists within the Lab environment, such as set up, repair, and maintenance of various laboratory equipment and tools, stocking and cataloguing of chemicals and materials necessary to perform experiments.
- Precisely document all experimental results and procedures. Prepare materials for documentation, presentations, publications, or reports.
- Support efforts to secure new projects through the preparation of research proposals, material quotes, and job estimations.
- Promote and maintain all safety standards while working in the laboratory, lab regulations and SOPs must be followed in all activities
- Interface with vendors, sub-contractors, and clients in a professional and respectful manner.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- PhD/MS in Chemistry or related field.
- Curiosity and a strong foundation in hypothesis testing, critical thinking, chemistry/ material science, and data quality and integrity
- Highly desired: Experience in an industrial company and/or research laboratory
- Experience and comfort with machine tools and basic laboratory equipment required.
- Able to work well both alone and in a team environment.
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a rapidly changing and exciting environment
- Knowledge of computational science and code development for automated data collection highly desired.