Is responsible for designing and managing a safety, hazard and loss control program for injury and loss prevention and reduction throughout the various departments and divisions of Oakland County. Coordinates with county departments all aspects of occupational safety and health and related training. Assists in coordinating safety committees and informs departmental personnel of federal and state health and safety responsibilities. Works with safety personnel in other County Departments to ensure compliance with County policy. Recommends methods of improving employee safety habits and implements related programs. Performs inspections in all departments to identify and reduce hazardous situations and assure compliance with property safety practices. Works closely with Risk Management investigators and insurance advisors, performs investigations of injury/loss incidents to inform policy and/or procedures to avoid risk and loss. Responsible for coordinating regulatory information dissemination to departments and/or employees, as required by law or best practices. Serves as the Risk Management data coordinator to ensure efficient and maximum utility of county-wide and/or department specific software programs used by Risk Management or its vendors, including the County’s Third Party Administrator. Coordinates and facilitates Risk Management’s compliance and data reporting to state and federal regulatory agencies. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
1. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred major in Human Resources, Labor Studies, Industrial/Occupational Studies, Organizational Management, Business Administration or closely related field.
2. Have had at least three (3) years of full-time work experience in fields of human resources, industrial/occupational health, insurance coverage and programs, risk management, loss mitigation and prevention.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six-month probationary period.