Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Human Resources Administrative Assistant with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Washington, D.C.
Salary: $23.73 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook);
- Experience in administrative support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases;
- Experience conducting internet research;
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette) as evidenced by a writing sample;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including experience handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines; and
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience involving the management of databases;
- Experience involving the operation of video teleconferencing equipment;
- Experience with desktop publishing software; and
- Experience organizing, tracking and coordinating large amounts of electronic information.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Resource Management (ORM) is the premier provider of administrative services that enable and support research within the EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORD). It is composed of five divisions with responsibility for extramural programs, budget execution, travel and human resources. This opportunity is located within the Human Capital Division (HCD) office of the director. The HCD Director is a senior civilian who oversees the operation of the HCD immediate office and two branches.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Assisting the Director;
- Collecting, developing, and updating materials;
- Supporting and maintaining day-to-day program operations; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org