Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Climate Change Research Scientist with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Corvallis, OR.
Salary: $29.27 per hour.
Travel: Some day-trip travel may be required.
- Strong technical knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcEditor and ArcSDE for developing GIS databases;
- Strong programming skills with proficiency in SQL and R;
- Strong database management skills with experience in SQL server, MS Access, Oracle and PostGIS;
- Advanced experience with MS Office;
- Three years of Geographic Information System experience in GIS data management; and
- Experience integrating different types of data layers using geospatial tools.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Forest Ecology, Fire Ecology, Biology, Geography, Statistics, Computer Science, or other scientific discipline from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Pacific Ecological Systems Division (PESD) is one of four ecological effects divisions of EPA’s Central for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA). PESD’s mission is 1) to provide EPA with national scientific leadership for terrestrial and regional-scale ecology, and 2) to develop the scientific basis for assessing the condition of aquatic resources and their response to natural and anthropogenic stresses. PESD’s research approach comprises two aspects: 1) developing an understanding of the structure and function of ecological systems, and 2) conducting analyses of ecological phenomena at the ecosystem, landscape, and regional scales.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Assisting in the collection and processing of data;
- Modeling research;
- Interacting with a multidisciplinary team; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org