The NXP Wireless Connectivity’s DSP team is a highly visible team responsible for the PHY layer algorithm design, digital verification, and silicon bring-up for next-gen WLAN transceivers. The team is also involved in system-level OTA performance characterization and improvement through cross layer tuning/optimization.
As part of this core team, the candidate would:
Deploy concepts from wireless communications theory to design cutting-edge algorithms for Wi-Fi and narrowband transceivers Develop tools/software using C/C++/Python/MATLAB to build detailed system models and perform complex system simulations/analysis to characterize PHY performance Collaborate with design engineers to develop area/power efficient hardware implementations and assist in verification efforts Devise and construct experiments to test silicon performance post-tapeout with respect to PHY layer metrics Evaluate results from silicon bring-up, root-cause deficiencies, and develop improvements to design wherever applicable
- M.S in electrical engineering (specialization in fields related to wireless/signal processing)
- Up to 2 years experience, including Internships
- Solid understanding of wireless communication theory (MIMO/OFDM, Beamforming, Timing/Freq acquisition, AGC, Channel Estimation, ECC)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in using C/C++/Python/MATLAB for system modeling/simulations of wireless links
- Industry experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of modern communication standards (IEEE WLAN 802.11ax/LTE/mmWave) standards would be a plus
These positions are available as of July 2022.