NuHarbor is looking for a Managed Services Engineer I to join our Managed Services Team!
Join an elite team of security professionals who are driven for success by finding innovative ways to solve problems for our company and clients. At NuHarbor, we are focused on providing consulting services with the highest quality and we strive to be the best. We are a premier provider and national leader of security services and have an excellent reputation. Therefore, we are very selective on who we add to our team. We also take enormous pride in our staff and provide career growth opportunities to develop the next generation of security and business leaders.
The Managed Services (MS) Operational Engineer I role serves as a Jr. technical engineer within the NuHarbor Security MS Operational team.
Due our clients’ requirements this position requires the candidate to be a current US Citizen.
The Managed Services (MS) operational engineer I role reports directly to the MS Operational Engineer Manager.
- Is responsible for ensuring the existing MS client environments are maintained and developed according to standard and in alignment with client expectations.
- Is responsible for the daily implementing, customizing, and integrating the leading operational intelligence and Security platform, Splunk. Optimize security operations, improve security posture, and increase detection capabilities so our clients can make better informed security decisions.
- Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for firewalls, routers, networks, and operating systems.
- Assists in performing product evaluations and recommends products/services for network security.
- Validates and tests basic security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years experience using Splunk.
- Has experience using firewalls, routers, networks, and operating systems.
Require Skills and Abilities
- Is passionate for security and customer service.
- Has strong familiarity with the command line and basic administrative tasks on Linux operating systems.
- Has strong understanding of networking concepts and architecture.
- Familiar with the basic knowledge of security concepts.
- Is able to making recommendations for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree.