3! The number of the continents you’ll span across to bridge our research and development platforms!
We would like to welcome a highly motivated, scientifically curious and innovative synthetic chemist to our Synthesis Technologies Team within Global Discovery Chemistry (Cambridge, MA). You will join an energizing and collaborative research environment working alongside colleagues who are committed to improving human health through the discovery of transformative medicines.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Independently, effectively and safely conduct task-oriented synthesis and purification from milligram to multi-hundred gram scale.
– Anticipate potential synthetic pitfalls and proactively work on alternative routes/conditions.
– Explore and deploy innovative and ground breaking synthetic methods for the construction of pharmaceutically relevant building blocks and drug substances.
– Interact globally with internal and external chemistry teams to ensure seamless collaboration.
– Perform structural and stereochemical elucidation.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
– BS or MS degree in synthetic organic chemistry and 0-5+ years of industrial experience.
– Strong working knowledge and practical experience in synthetic organic methodology, multi-step preparation of drug substances, and synthetic problem-solving
– Excellent observational, organizational, data management and documentation skills.
– Passion for the development of green and sustainable synthesis methods is preferred.
– Outstanding communication skills to proactively collaborate with medicinal chemistry teams in order to identify opportunities to positively impact projects.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million patients were impacted by Novartis products in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.