Who We Are
We are North Node, a social impact tech startup on the heels of an app beta launch and Fordham Foundry Social Innovation 2020 winner. North Node is an innovative mobile app and web-based platform connecting volunteers and non-profit organizations. Our mission is to provide a user-friendly fun unique experience enabling socially conscious individuals to develop authentic connections and pull them into a welcoming philanthropic community.
At North Node, we have an exciting opportunity for full-time MBAs who are interested in a career in Digital Marketing -Product Management. We offer aspiring marketing professionals and entrepreneurs a nourishing environment that uplifts with knowledge, contacts, resources, support, and a CHANCE to try out and grow your skill set through our collaborative team experience. Start here and we can grow together.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic MBA with vision, intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit and a rich grasp of the social media landscape, who is passionate about social innovation and is looking for an exciting, creative environment where you can expand your skills and have the freedom to strategize digital marketing campaigns, produce engaging content, collaborate to bring ideas to life and make a social impact.
As a Digital Marketing Social Media Manager Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage social tech start-up and gain direct hands-on experience and exposure to all facets of social entrepreneurship, from business development, data analytics, marketing, funding and more. You will work closely with the North Node team to help create, moderate, manage, analyze and optimize social channels of communications with the community and help identify, strategize and penetrate new mediums to market the North Node brand and deliver its core message to the user base. You will engage in a positive community-based culture that is committed to our goal of continuously working towards a humanitarian society advocating compassion, integrity and good citizenship.
Your Role and Responsibilities
North Node is hosting a virtual part-time 12-week Fall Internship and looking to onboard immediately a driven, energetic, friendly, communicative self-starter to collaborate with creative strategists on marketing projects in an intimate tech startup. The intern will help create and execute large scale goals to expand the North Node social platform, deepen community involvement and grow brand engagement and advocacy. Tasks including, but not limited to:
• Work with the founder to execute on a social media strategy through audience segmentation & messaging plan
• Create content – innovating to push new ideas and formats and measuring how well those ideas perform
• Build brand awareness and increase brand enthusiasm through digital marketing
• Enhance communications initiatives through the creation of interactive engaging content for social media
• Harmonize the social media strategy with North Node’s core values
• Brainstorm, pitch and conceptualize original content ideas
• Manage our storytelling behind each creative output ensuring clear, concise, snackable, and true content
• Manage social media, content calendar, partnerships and inbound user interactions through social channels
• Engage followers, on-board new users and ensure customer success
Your Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- MBA/MS Student
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft O#ice, Google Sheets and Docs Social Media Savvy (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter)
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills
- Strong Social Media Following on Personal Platforms Passion for Social Media, Storytelling, Pop Culture, New Trends and Styles
- Passion for Social Impact and Community Service
- Strong Working Knowledge of Adobe Suite or Canva
- Knowledge of Copy and Design Fundamentals
- Prior Experience preferred