2022 Information Technology Summer Internship
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
The Technology group leverages state of the art information technology and risk management systems. We are developing new applications to implement truly cutting-edge standards and always staying at the forefront of technology and its applications for clients, partners, regulators and suppliers.
Teams within Technology
Global Markets Technology (GMIT) is responsible for developing and managing trading, pricing, analytics, research and sales systems. These systems are used by trading desks across Credit, Rates, FX, Securitized Products, Prime and Equities groups to process trades. Our software is responsible for providing analytics and trading capabilities needed by our traders and clients in a highly complex and dynamic market. Our team has a strong relationship with the trading business and is committed to helping the firm achieve its business goals. The environment provides an ideal place to learn business processes and determine technology solutions to meet the business needs. Depending on the specific role, members of the team interact with technologists, traders or salespeople on a daily basis.
Risk and Capital Technology (RCT) provides risk exposure profiling to the Risk Management business. RCT has a global footprint comprised of approximately 300 resources located across London, New York, Mumbai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. Services and applications include: Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Operational Risk. Additional functions include creating tools to help the Risk business with new product and model validation.
Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) is responsible for maintaining Nomura’s Core Infrastructure IT platforms globally and ensuring operational stability within the environment. Working in close partnership with the Front Office and Support and Control functions, we create and deliver optimal Infrastructure solutions to support the firm’s international business operations.
Data Management Technology (DMT) is the technology service provider to the Global Data Office (GDO) of Nomura Group. DMT works closely with the GDO, the Chief Technology Architecture (CTA) group and the various IT Business Units to build, buy & integrate solutions to catalog and curate data, simplify access to data while also protecting, storing and improving the quality of the data. Through leveraging the latest third party and open source technology, DMT helps Nomura become a data driven organization and in the process reduce cost and increase revenue.
Corporate Technology Services (CTS) is responsible for delivering and supporting business applications to Operations; Finance; Compliance; Investment Banking; Human Resources; and the rest of the corporate areas. CTS plays an essential role in servicing the Firm’s business needs and future direction by providing the appropriate solutions and capacity whilst also ensuring the ability of the Firm to report, monitor and supervise this business. Our mission is to provide innovative, cost efficient technology solutions to the Firm to underpin competitiveness, revenue generation and regulatory compliance.
Wholesale Production Services (WPS) team maintains software solutions used by the Wholesale Business globally. The team provides application and systems support across a wide domain including and not limited to Finance, Risk, Equities, Futures & Options, Prime Services including financing, Derivatives, FX, Securitized Products, Operations, Core & Compliance, Infrastructure Tools and Technology Operations and User Helpdesk.
The Global Technology Services (GTS) organization delivers Market Data, IT Security, and Technology Architecture and Strategic Change Management services to Nomura’s wholesale business.
About Our Summer Analyst Program:
The Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks, during which Analysts will enjoy extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through discussion groups, seminars and informal social functions. This program is an integral component of our full time recruiting.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same level of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with a hands-on opportunity to participate as full members of the team. They are expected to form effective working relationships and to demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s goals and values. During the course of the internship, Summer Analysts benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor.
What Roles You Might Play:
- Developer: Develop, produce and integrate applications that will be used directly by stakeholders. Responsibilities include owning critical components of applications and participating in hands-on development, partnering with QA for unit and integration testing of deliverables and BA colleagues to understand project scope and requirements.
- Business Analyst: Act as a liaison between Technology and business clients to define scope and business requirements. Responsibilities include writing detailed functional requirements and use cases, supporting the development team in creating detailed technical specifications, partnering with data providers to ensure model requirements are met, and supporting ongoing user requirements and investigating issues.
- Infrastructure: Opportunities include Client Support, System Administrator, Network Operations, Engineering and Project Management in conjunction with our top themes which include, Hybrid Cloud, Supporting the Client Eco System, Digital Workspace, Risk Management Framework, Cyber and Data Security, Utility Services, Virtualization, Project Support and EIS Academy.
- Outstanding academic qualifications
- Solid fundamental base in logical, analytical data structure; hands on programming, and problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand financial products
- Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
Please Note – You may only apply to one internship opportunity per division, location and recruiting year.
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer.