JOB DESCRIPTION Nogales Unified School District #1
The job of TEACHER is done for the purpose/s of facilitating student success in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students’ providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This job reports to PRINCIPAL
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student’ progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs student workers, volunteers, etc. for the purpose of maximizing their efficiency and meeting work requirements.
- Facilitates student learning for the purpose of achieving success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, administrative and/or school policies.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: preparing and maintaining accurate records, analytical skills promoting child centered environment, record keeping verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: age appropriate activities, concepts of grammar and punctuation, pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws, safety practices and procedures, stages of child development. Working knowledge of school system
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting curriculum to meet needs of students, adapting to changing work priorities, addressing the learning styles of students, assessing learning outcomes achieved by students, communicating with diverse groups, communicating with students, creating and maintaining climate of respect,
implementing activities that promote student learning, implementing classroom management techniques, maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines and schedules, planning instructional goals/outcomes for students, setting priorities, utilizing current technology working as part of a team, working with detailed information/data, working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to affect the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 20% walking, and 75% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education Bachelors degree in job related area.
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
Must be appropriately certified through the Arizona Department of Education to teach subject(s). Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate. SEI (45 hours) endorsement is required. Additional endorsements may be required for certain positions.