This is a unique opportunity in our North American team as we target a period of sustained business growth across Canada and the US. Based in either Toronto or New York, you will support our teams in solving high-impact client business problems from day one. We will challenge your creativity, develop your skills, and provide exposure to industry leaders both internally and externally.
You will support the development and delivery of our core Insights and Consulting engagements globally, working closely with senior colleagues to develop insightful analysis, conduct rigorous research and communicate insights in a structured, logical fashion suitable for a senior audience. Through your various rotations you’ll get great exposure to the Insurance (Life and P&C), Reinsurance, Wealth and Asset Management industries globally. You will be responsible for working with Consultants on study design, data analysis and research, executive interview management and client delivery. We will immerse you in our methodologies, taking you up a steep learning curve that will position your future career for success.
You are a self-motivated individual possessing the rare combination of strong technical/analytical skills and excellent client management potential. We are looking for people who can articulate and debate insights and key messages with senior management through a deep understanding of the facts and an ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
This is an excellent opportunity to build your network and knowledge in the asset management, wealth and insurance industries globally, to gain experience advising industry leaders on questions of commercial strategy and ultimately to help drive the future growth of our North American practice. High performers will have the opportunity of a three-month international placement at one of our global offices during the course of the program.
Up to 10% travel within the role may be required, depending upon location and client requirements.
Success in this role will see the following achieved:
- Strengthen NMG’s intellectual property and information base by implementing and evolving our proven global propositions
- Engage with the NMG team across North America (and globally) to learn methodologies, leverage existing capability and collaborate on delivering the best outcomes for our clients
- Conduct data analysis and deliver effective visualisation (in slides or using cloud-based tools)
- Contribute to strategic options development and client recommendations
- End-to-end study delivery (market and company specific topic coverage, executive interview management with industry decision makers and professionals, proprietary data analytics and insights development, presentation and client request deliverables), liaising with NMG specialists globally
- Proactive engagement with target clients on topics and industry themes
- Build rapport with decision makers at target clients and present at forums and conferences to develop profile and contribute to business development
- Subsequently examine opportunities to launch other NMG studies in conjunction with NMG specialists
- Utilise the collective expertise and resources across all divisions of the NMG Group in order to fully exploit our “information advantage” and improve the quality of our client offering
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in commerce (finance, accounting, business administration), actuarial science, data science, statistics, or mathematics is considered a plus
- Proven analytical skills
- Work experience in Financial Services (preferred, not mandatory)
- Appetite to pursue CFA or actuarial qualification (preferred, not mandatory)
- Highly motivated to learn, build their career and grasp opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and interest in developing client relationships
- Ability to work effectively within a global team
- Excellent attention to detail and high-quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (preferred, not mandatory)
The NMG Group is a global advisory and intermediary firm focused exclusively on the financial services sector. Established in 1992, NMG has enjoyed rapid expansion internationally and now has over 800 employees in 18 cities worldwide. Our guiding principal is to always ‘Find a Better Way’.
NMG Consulting is a leading multinational insurance, reinsurance and investments consultancy, integrating consulting, insights and analytics. Our consultants provide strategy consulting, insights, analytics and actuarial services to financial institutions including banks, insurers, reinsurers and fund managers.
We are constantly evolving and the range of work that we do challenges and expands our peoples’ knowledge at lightning speed. Our flat, team-based structures encourage participation from all experience levels – everyone is encouraged to contribute, regardless of their role. We advocate hearing different points of view, collaboration and constructive debate.
Global Insights Consulting Practice is our largest business-line globally, runs evidenced-based consulting studies, based on interviewing the leading industry experts, and key decision makers at buy-side clients and intermediaries annually, to analyse industry trends and the competitive performance and positioning of sell-side providers. The Global Insights Consulting practice conducts more than 50 evidence-based Insights Consulting Studies annually, covering life insurance, health insurance, P&C insurance, wealth management, asset management and reinsurance, across all major financial services markets internationally.
The combination of our specialist focus, global network (presence in 51 countries), research and analytics, give us a unique perspective on the market dynamics relevant to the insurance, reinsurance and investments industries globally.
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, start talking with us today about our graduate program.
Alternatively, please apply for the 2022 Graduate Program via the following link: https://www.nmg-consulting.com/careers/analyst-nmg-graduate-program-new-york/