General Description: Niagara County Community College is seeking a full-time Career and Transfer Services Coordinator for our Career and Transitional Services department. This is a 12-month position spanning the months from August to May of each year. This position supports the implementation and technical details of the services related to career and transfer services both on and off campus as they relate to enrolled students and reports to the Assistant Vice President of Student Services.
Typical Work Activities:
- Identify employment opportunities for enrolled students and alumni.
- Identify transfer programs for enrolled students.
- Develop relationships with faculty, students, employers, and transfer representatives to promote the goals of Career & Transitional Services.
- Execute outreach initiatives to engage students in career and transfer planning.
- Coordinate and facilitate transfer and employment-related events and workshops and development of related promotion materials.
- Assist with the coordination and management of student workers on campus.
- Assess and document student learning outcomes.
- Develop and execute strategies for engaging students in career and transfer planning.
- Work with students to tailor individualized employment, career, and transfer plans.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Student Services.
Essential Functions: Ability to relate to a diverse student population; ability to relate to all members of the college staff and faculty; ability to manage multiple functions; ability to operate computers; ability to prepare and make presentations to groups, ability to prepare written reports, ability to physically perform the duties of the position.
- Bachelors degree.
- Experience providing career or transfer services in a college or university.
- Masters degree in Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, or Higher Education Administration
- One semester of full time paid or equivalent part time paid experience working with students in career or transfer services in a higher education environment
- Experience with student information systems, preferably Ellucian Banner
- Experience maintaining employer or transfer college relations
- Experience working with community college students