The Outreach and Syringe Litter Program Manager will manage the Outreach and Syringe Litter Program (OSLP) overseeing the outreach and syringe litter clean -up work by NYC’s Syringe Service Programs. (SSPs). The Outreach and Syringe Litter Manager will develop goals and deliverables, collaborate with the Research and Surveillance Unit on developing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation plan, and ensure effective implementation of the program. The position will also oversee NYC’s community-based syringe disposal kiosk program, collaborating with relevant local, city and state agencies on the placement of kiosks in hotspots as needed and coordinating responses to related community concerns.
Under direction from the supervisor, the Outreach and Syringe Litter Program Manager will have wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative to perform the following tasks:
• Oversee the OSLP’s research, funding, planning, monitoring, contract management, technical assistance, and evaluation activities.
• Supervise the Outreach and Syringe Litter Program Coordinator and evaluation staff on conducting programmatic investigations and evaluations of program efficacy.
• Analyze and collaborate with the evaluation unit to determine and automate data collection processes, metrics, and indicators of success for the OSLP.
• Design, execute, and interpret street outreach and syringe litter-based research projects.
• Collaboratively coordinate research efforts amongst City agencies regarding SSPs operating kiosks and safe disposal activities.
• Maintain records, prepare reports and conducts presentations on OSLP.
• Develop programmatic scopes, deliverables, and monitoring activities.
• Manage program goals, timelines, and deliverable submission in collaboration with fiscal partner, Public Health Solutions.
• Coordinate with affiliate local, city and state agencies on research, programmatic and operational efforts.
• Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.