Under the direction of the bureau’s senior leadership, with the widest latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion, the Director of Health Care Provider Initiatives (HCPI) will direct the Health Care Provider Initiatives Unit, including:
• Oversee program design, implementation, research, and evaluation for the unit’s existing and new initiatives that promote access to treatment for opioid use disorder in diverse settings.
These include, but are not limited to: Detailing campaigns, Buprenorphine Nurse Care Manager Initiative, Buprenorphine Training and Technical Assistance Initiative, Buprenorphine Access for People Who Are Unstably Housed, other buprenorphine expansion initiatives, and initiatives to enhance health care professional trainees’ substance use education.
• Disseminate unit’s findings internally and externally by the supervision of analysis, interpretation, writing reports, succinct summaries of findings, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Oversee development or maintenance of a structure for keeping the team abreast of the latest program, policy, and equity advances.
• Oversee development of clinical guidance as needed.
• Oversee creation and delivery of public talks for a variety of audiences, including health care providers across a broad range of settings.
• Perform strategic planning for the unit in a collaborative manner that aligns with the bureau’s overall strategic plan.
• Perform internal and external liaising with stakeholders and other partners.
• Represent the bureau in workgroups and other meetings as needed, both internally and externally.
• Develop and respond to proposed policies.
• Participate in emergency response activities.