Recent Engineering Graduates | Explore all Engineering Offers | You Choose | Exclusive Opportunity | Paid & Benefits
How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/NCDOTTEA2021 by October 15, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
This posting is for 15 openings and your application will be considered for ALL OF THEM!
Get Ready to EXPLORE!
NCDOT’s Transportation Engineer Associate (TEA) Program is an amazing opportunity for emerging engineers to launch their careers. You are hired as an NCDOT full time engineer trainee, and YOU pick your 6 rotations over 18 months. Explore diverse areas such as R&D, materials, marine, rail, aviation, highway, construction, bike/ped, Unmanned Aerial Surveillance, integrated mobility, photogrammetry, hydrology, planning, and more.
When you finish the program, you pick engineering team you liked best and launch your career.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200 reviews.
TEA is only open to recent college graduates with an engineering degree, a passion for transportation, public service, and the drive to lead the smart transportation revolution.
Gain hands-on learning and experience and a permanent paid position with full state benefits and a pension. Roles are available across North Carolina and you may be given the opportunity to relocate.
Earn $65,000 entering the program and be awarded an Engineer I permanent role at $71,391 at TEA graduation.
What You Bring
- An interest in smart transportation in areas such as environmental planning, design, construction, big data analytics, UAS, R&D, & maintenance.
- Analytical thinking and academic success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership potential.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent college transcripts.
Education & Experience
- Less than 2 years of post-graduation engineering experience, and
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Civil, Architectural, Mechanical, Chemical, Surveying, Electrical, Geomatics, Biological, Agricultural, Biosystems, Environmental, Systems, or other 4-year engineering program, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Stand Out
In your application demonstrate your passion for engineering and commitment to public service.
Showcase your talent in analytical thinking, teamwork, coursework, and leadership potential.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. We are only permitted to hire candidates authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners and Surveyors.
Call us: George Nixon at 919.707.6685 or Chandra Cross at 919.707.6686.
Learn more about TEA at https://bit.ly/AboutNCDOTTea
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
See all NCDOT Engineering jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotengineering