NOTE: We may fill these positions prior to the expiration of this announcement so if you are interested please submit your information as quickly as possible.
Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) is seeking applicants for its 2021 Naval Acquisition Development Program (NADP) contracting intern cohort. The NADP program offers paid entry-level Contract Specialist positions with rapid career development, and an extraordinary opportunity for those that desire to rapidly advance their professional career while supporting the mission of the Department of the Navy. Contract Specialists working for the United States Navy:
• solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts with commercial organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and State, local or foreign governments for furnishing products, services, construction or research and development to the United States Navy, and others;
• administer contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties;
• if necessary, terminate contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals;
• analyze and evaluate cost or price proposals and accounting systems data;
• plan, establish, and review contracts, programs, policies, or procedures;
• formulate and administer policies and procedures to insure achievement of Federal socioeconomic goals, such as those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms; and
• develop acquisition strategies and manage procurements.
Applicants must be United States citizens, and must possess—or obtain prior to the start of their employment—a baccalaureate degree. Ideal candidates will have strong backgrounds in quantitative and business-related subject areas (e.g. accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management). For details on the duties of a Contract Specialist working for the United States Government, see here.
NAVSEA is the largest of the U.S. Navy’s system commands. With a workforce exceeding 83,000 civilian and military personnel and an annual budget of more than $30 billion. Headquartered on the Washington Navy Yard, DC, NAVSEA partners directly with the six affiliated Program Executive Offices (PEOs) responsible for the acquisition of the Navy’s ships, submarines and combat systems. PEO Ships, PEO Submarines, PEO Columbia, PEO Aircraft Carriers, PEO Unmanned and Small Combatants and PEO Integrated Weapons Systems each coordinate the acquisition and delivery of newly constructed ships and systems to the Navy while NAVSEA provides design and technical authority to ensure our Sailors and Marines can meet their missions in combat. More information on NAVSEA may be found here and here.