The Museum Education intern will work with the Education department on projects pertaining to the museum and its collections. Tasks will include:
- Contribute to the education department’s marketing strategy.
- Assist the Education staff with planning the first DAR Museum Teacher Development Day.
- Produce programming for the museum’s Family Day and/or our monthly drop-in events.
The intern will also spend time gaining a general overview of the education department. The intern will assist with the planning and execution of various education programs and offerings, including special events and social media content.
- Enrolled graduate student in a museum studies, museum education, history, or a related field of study.
- Knowledge or interest in history, education, and/or museum studies in general
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with computer-assisted presentations is a plus
10-20 hours per week
Send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Rebecca Quam at email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying for the museum education internship.
Friday, November 5th, 2021