The intern will assist the Curator of Costume and Textiles with adding costume and textile records to the online database. Tasks will include:
- Assisting in dressing manikins for photography.
- Photographing costume accessories, editing, and uploading photos to database record.
- Standardizing the database entries for accessories to ensure that each object is cataloged correctly, and that the database contains all necessary information about the object. This may involve some object and genealogical research to assess/correct dates and donor information (no previous genealogical research experience necessary).
The ideal intern would be one interested in pursuing a museum curatorial career in early American decorative arts, possibly specifically in costume and/or textiles.
- Enrolled graduate student in a museum studies program or related field of study
- Knowledge or interest in history of clothing and fashion, women’s history, collections management and/or museum studies in general.
- Ability to conduct research relating to three dimensional objects using print and online resources.
- Basic computer skills and a general understanding of the purpose and uses of databases.
- Ability to use a digital camera to produce quality photos for collections records.
10-20 hours per week
$16.00 per hour, subject to federal, state, and local taxes.
Send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Rebecca Quam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying for the museum curatorial internship.
Friday, November 5th, 2021