Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you’ll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society is offering an exciting internship within the Volunteer Engagement department. This unpaid internship can provide school credit and offers valuable experience in the non-profit, engagement, relationship management, and event planning industries. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, be self-motivated, a team player, results-oriented, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by MS.
This internship will assist with all functions of volunteer engagement. These tasks will include volunteer outreach, recruitment, communications, cultivation, and recognition for the 2021 Texas MS 150 and local Walk MS events. Will include some administrative, database management, and event production activities.
- Day to Day
- Volunteer Recruitment & Cultivation (70%)
- Volunteer Engagement Strategy (30%)
- Specific Responsibilities
- Developing outreach lists and making calls to potential volunteers, assisting VE staff with new volunteer group and individual recruitment, contacting prior volunteers, sign up page set up and maintenance and DWUI updates and maintenance, assisting with in-kind sponsorships related to volunteer engagement.
- Learning Objectives
- Intern(s) will receive a thorough overview of non-profit volunteer engagement work, most specifically related to fundraising events.
- Gain relevant work experience in non-profit volunteer engagement field (50%)
- Gain experience working within a team and committee environment (25%)
- Opportunity to learn about multiple sclerosis and work with the leading national organization supporting people impacted by MS (25%)