National HME is the one of the nation’s largest direct service durable medical equipment providers offering services from more than 50 full service branch locations and additional network providers. Do you have a heart for helping people? Are you looking for a rewarding work opportunity? If so, please consider applying to join our team at National HME! We are looking for compassionate individuals who want to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
National HME, Inc. is looking for an Area Director for our Great Lakes region. The Area Director is responsible for managing the operational aspects of branches within the assigned area to ensure that they operate smoothly. Other duties include:
- Maintaining relationships with hospice partners that are assigned through Account management team, and consistently document and report all communications.
- Implements the National HME Mission and Family Standard.
- Guides and directs management team in the operational and financial aspects of National HME services.
- Evaluates the results of the Profit and Loss (P&L) statements regularly and systematically and reports these results to the senior leadership team and chief executive officer.
- Ensures all patients are taken care of according to NHME standards.
- Train Lead Service Technician, Warehouse manager, and Branch Operation manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferable but may be substituted by related work experience, two years industry related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. No professional certificate or licensure required, although preferred.
- Must demonstrate practical knowledge of computers, software, and products applicable to the industry.
- Overnight and daytime travel will be 60-80% within assigned region.
National HME is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. National HME makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Every day, our team members make an impact on the lives of others within their communities. They are compassionate, caring, and friendly and provide comfort to those in hospice care. You will go home every day knowing that you made someone’s life better. If you are looking for work with a purpose, come join our growing team and make a difference!