We are Multiverse, on a mission to create an outstanding alternative to the traditional college and university system, and a radically better approach to corporate training. At the heart of our work is professional apprenticeships. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft. Our footprint in the US is rapidly growing, with equally impressive clients as our partners.
We are fortunate to have some of the best investors in the world backing us, including our recent Series B funding round, led by General Catalyst and featuring GV (Google Ventures), and including Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. We passed a major milestone in raising the largest venture round from a UK EdTech company in history. Other investors include Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, as well as Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson, 23andMe CEO Anne Wojcicki and Sky Executive Chairman Jeremy Darroch.
Having launched our first international office in NYC, we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our delivery team as instructors. As a Business instructor, you will be responsible for delivering our Business administration curriculum to cohorts of apprentices who are working for some of the country’s biggest and most exciting brands. If you have drive, ambition and are excited by being part of growing our US business, then come and join us!
The role of the Business Instructor at Multiverse
(Note: this role can be based remotely anywhere in the US)
If you love inspiring and teaching others, get a buzz from seeing people develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of business leaders, this is the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Teach, mentor and coach your apprentices through their program
- Deliver a mixture of face to face and online sessions with cohorts of apprentices
- Take full responsibility for the progress that your cohorts of young people make through their apprenticeship
- Work with their line managers to understand the needs of their role and how to best support their professional development
- Work internally with Multiverse colleagues to ensure the quality of the program and of our delivery is first class
What you bring:
- You’ll have some practical teaching experience in an academic or work context
- Ideally you’ll also have relevant industry experience having spent time working in a business-related sector and have relevant experience to share with apprentices
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to work effectively with people at all levels internally and externally – from senior stakeholders to people at the start of their career
- You are passionate about delivering the best learning opportunities and supporting others on their development journey
- You are able to use Learner Management Systems to dynamically record and track learning outcomes
- You have a proven track record in achieving outcomes and demonstrating success
- You are adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
- You demonstrate the necessary professionalism to support apprentices and managers in accordance with compliance, confidentiality and data protection
What’s in it for you?
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
Multiverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Multiverse will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.