Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
• Support the execution and documentation of ITGC testing for in-scope processes across technology and First Line of Defense (FLoD) business units
• Execute testing of ITGCs and application controls based on internal and industry standards and guidelines for design and effectiveness
• Participate in technology walkthroughs for ITGCs and application controls and prepare meaningful documentation
• Coordinate control testing activities, including logistical scheduling and document retrieval to support control testing in accordance with internal requirements
• Provide project management support in tracking and coordinating the execution of policy and standards control testing activities
• Produce and distribute status reporting and communication related to control testing activities
• Provide ongoing communication to internal stakeholders throughout the testing process to keep them apprised of progress and findings, escalating when appropriate
• Assist with preparation of written reports that summarize the objectives, scope, findings, and conclusions for each assigned review
• Support iterative review and challenge of assessment results, working with appropriate stakeholders across the lines of defense
• Support adoption of automated ITGC testing platform by identifying controls for inclusion and respective prerequisites and logic for automated testing
• Work collaboratively with risk and control team to execute against technology risk governance procedures
• Assist with coordination of required meetings, reviews, and scheduling needs
• Prepare materials for ongoing team meetings and meetings with senior management
Qualifications – External
•Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, technology management, or equivalent preferred
•Preferred: degree from a competitive school, demonstrating a strong academic and extracurricular track record
•Preferred: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
•Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in IT risk and controls • Preferred: “”Big Four”” IT audit experience, Professional in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt professional certifications
•Preferred: experience with process documentation, risk, and control assessments
•Preferred: proficient with Microsoft Office (Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
•Experience with process documentation, risk and control assessments, and designing/executing IT General Controls (ITGC) test scripts • Understanding of the regulatory environment and regulations related to technology risk, and Office of Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board (FRB) expectations
•Experience with problem solving in a team environment by thinking outside of the box and providing innovative solutions, with and without technology
•Preferred: knowledge in technology areas including, but not limited to: access management, network security, enterprise architecture, release management and incident response
•Preferred: experience in a project management role • Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently, prioritize, and efficiently complete responsibilities while maintaining the highest quality
•Ability to support work streams with sometimes limited oversight/information from inception to completion
•Ability to identify obstacles and work in conjunction with others to identify options/solutions
•Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.