Mr. Cooper Group’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper Group’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper Group and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
The Tax Intern will join an energetic and engaged Tax Team of 7 people and have the opportunity to be involved in many areas of corporate tax. This role will be part of a team with leaders and team members within Tax who mentor, encourage, and listen to ideas and suggestions from team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation various tax calculations (estimated tax payments, fixed asset analysis, and monthly account reconciliations)
- Assist with preparation of federal and state tax return filings
- Assist with preparation of various income and sales/use tax projects within the corporate tax department
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a graduate (Master’s, PhD) degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Tax or degree with a focus in Tax
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (i.e. VLOOKUP, PivotTables, etc.)
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines