Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
Capital markets is the only function where you get a complete view of the asset P&L from upfront pricing to securitization. It is dynamic, challenging and a good mix of quantitative analytics and operations. Capital Markets/Secondary Marketing is primarily charged with setting rates for the Originations channels, mitigating the rate risk on the locked pipeline, selling funded loans into the secondary market and facilitating trades for our Correspondent lenders. The team also works to build and maintain relationships with investor and MI Companies, helps build out new mortgage products, and manages the Pricing Engine.
The Capital Markets Intern will be paired with a mentor as they complete different immersive rotations, based off the selected candidate’s skillset and interests, through the Modeling and Analytics, Margin Analytics, Mandatory Desk and/or Loan Delivery departments. The selected candidate will learn asset pricing, valuation, revenue management and secondary P&L.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily pricing process. Validate data integrity, pricing calculations and ensure accurate and timely distribution of pricing to all systems and counterparties.
- Maintain and update pricing models
- Document procedures
- Function as a compass administrator. Compass is our hedging application. The position will help with managing all inputs to compass to ensure accurate P&L reporting.
- Exposure to interest rate risk management
- Assist with loan delivery to investors
- Exposure to various optimization algorithms in R
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering, or related degree
- Experience with SQL and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Previous experience in VB
- Previous experience in R Studio
- 2nd Year Graduate Student
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0 or higher