Job Description: Outreach Representative
The Montefiore School Health Program (MSHP) provides comprehensive medical and mental health services at 31 school-based health centers in the Bronx with a growing number of sites providing dental and community health services. The Community Health Division (CHD) uses a public health approach to eliminate health disparities facing children living in the Bronx. The CHD is responsible for directing the effective delivery of classroom-, school- and community- based health promotion and preventive initiatives in cooperation with the school, community members and partners, and government agencies. The MSHP Community Health Division seeks to hire an Outreach Representative to facilitate work within the Bronx schools.
The Outreach Representative (OR) provides individual and classroom outreach about school-based health center services to students; provide classroom-based education in collaboration with school staff and community health organizers and acts as a liaison with school administration on a daily basis. The Outreach Representative is responsible for assisting the Project Administrator to implement prevention program in high schools in the Bronx. The Outreach Representative will assist with all program logistics, clinic site logistics as well as with all the data collection, entry and report needs of the project. The Outreach Representative travels to multiple sites to provide additional support when needed and assist with parent engagement events. To encourage the increase of reproductive health service utilization, Outreach Representatives identify and enroll students in the Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP) program and follow-up with all necessary documentation.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Human Service, or related field
· Bilingual in Spanish (written and spoken)
· Preferable one-plus-years of relevant work experience (reproductive health)
· Experience and/or high comfort level in talking to adolescents about reproductive health issues:
– Knowledge of reproductive health issues – especially pregnancy prevention and STI prevention with youth
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
· Must have the ability to do data entry, use retrieval systems, and generate data reports (eg. RedCap, EPIC,OSCR)
· Able to travel throughout Bronx, NY
· Ability to work occasional evening hours and weekends for community health-related events and programming
· Excellent organizational and documentation skills
·Skilled, engaging, and confident communicator. Understands the concerns and priorities of diverse audiences
· Effective team building skills. Able to demonstrate leadership on projects by working independently. Able to work within a team environment and work collaboratively to accomplish common goals and objectives.
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong facilitation skills and experiences in presenting materials to small and large groups