An internship within Mondelēz International Sales & Customer Logistics organization is generally a 10-12 week assignment. The assignment, which closely mirrors experiences of a Nabisco Sales Representative, will provide a realistic preview of the Sales Representative’s responsibilities and is geared towards developing knowledge of the Mondelēz International Field Sales & Customer Logistics organization. Individuals are exposed to sales (selling and merchandising), logistics, account teams, and human resources while growing the necessary skills to work independently and also function successfully as part of a team. Each intern is assigned a supervisor who designates projects, answers questions and provides guidance. Throughout the summer, the intern will be assessed on overall performance, including project management, and personal leadership skills.
• Develop a knowledge of Mondelez products, sales systems and procedures including proper merchandising, sources of product and distribution, space management programs and uses, sales campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, and sales presentations.
• Positively influence the sale of Mondelez products by exploiting selling opportunities at the store level consistent with company programs and strategies.
• Maintain a timely and accurate call schedule.
• Secure store-level support on special promotions, seasonal items, special product bookings and new items.
• Meet or exceed all shelving standards and ensure inventory needs are met.
• Develop strong business relationships with store management.
• Monitor and report on competitive activity and document all pricing activities.
• Provide order writing support on territories for Sales Representatives absent due to vacation or other reasons.
• Complete administrative reporting responsibilities.
• Provide specific feedback to Mondelez personnel while covering a Sales Representatives territory.
• Professionally represent the Mondelez organization, acting in accordance with company business standards and managing financial activities in an ethical manner.
• Present a project on customer or industry topics to senior management at end of summer.
• Identify and communicate individual store problems and opportunities to the appropriate Mondelez personnel.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position is a paid internship, but does not offer a benefit package, bonus incentives, or company provided vehicles/ housing.
• Learning on the Fly – Adaptable to new environments, quick learner, open to change
• Intellectual Horsepower – Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, intellectually sharp, capable and agile
• Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport and effective relationships
• Peer Relationships – Team player, cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration
• Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers, can see hidden problems, excellent at honest analysis
• Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
• Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others
• Personal Learning – Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior quickly; Watches others for their reactions to his/her attempts to influence and perform, and adjusts; Seeks feedback
• You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet with a personal email account
• Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program
• A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to work weekends and holidays
• Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience a plus
• Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed
• Must be willing to relocate self for this position, if not a local applicant
• Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check