Modern Electron is a startup developing breakthrough energy technologies. Our mission is to democratize energy generation for a cleaner, healthier planet.
Our team is developing scalable & efficient heat-to-electricity converters, to create the first viable residential combined heat and power (CHP) systems, reducing residential emissions in one of the hardest to decarbonize sectors. Ultimately, our technology will enable on-demand home energy generation. We’re supported by >$40MM in venture capital funding, and we’re based in Seattle.
We are looking for superstar interns and co-ops year round in engineering and science. You are…
- In pursuit of a BS, MS, or PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science/engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science/engineering or scientific computation, applied math, or similar.
- Experienced in R&D or engineering with skills translatable to our thermionic co-generation technology (including computation and experimental topics)
- Willing, able, and excited to own an independent project or assist on an existing project
- Eager to learn
- Passionate about deep tech/hardware technology and/or energy breakthroughs
- An expert at fundamental principles and applied best practices in your field
- An excellent communicator
- Top of your class (we care more about achievements than we do GPA)
- Able to join our team for at least 3 months
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The start/end date and duration is flexible based on your availability