Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of resources and program support to enhance volunteers, service, conservation education and interpretation efforts in collaboration with field and WO staff, non-governmental organizations, other government agencies, community organizations, and other local or regional stakeholders.
- Assists in coordinating volunteers and service partnerships regarding alignment of partnership and participant engagement with program and agency priorities, and provides technical assistance, training and development and implementation (agreement development, monitoring, and reporting).
- Assist in the planning, organization, and management of local and virtual conservation education and interpretation community events.
- Develop and present conservation education and interpretation material covering topics such as: plastic pollution, California native species, national forests and federal land access programs, agriculture, trees, and more.
- Work with regional partners, schools and colleges on conservation education and interpretation event opportunities.
- Assists in conducting workshops and webinars for forest staff and partners to share information pertinent to the volunteers, service, conservation education, and interpretation programs.
- Assists in preparing correspondence on subjects where policies and precedents are established and obtains signature.