Close Preview Send To Printer…
Job Title: Application Development Specialist
Requisition Id: 1488
Salary: $52,656.00 – $65,712.00
Salary Grade: S10
Job Location: Conservation Headquarters (JEFFE1)
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
If selected for an interview, you will be notified as to whether your interview will be held in person or by phone. If it is in person, we ask that you follow CDC and DHSS guidelines. A mask and hand sanitizer will be available upon your arrival to our facility.
To learn more about the job, feel free to contact the hiring supervisor- Angela D Freeman at Angela.Freeman@mdc.mo.gov or at 573 5224115×3556.
Develop, implement and maintain web applications for the Department of Conservation.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop program codes, test plans, test programs written, implement and document web-based applications and maintain/enhance those applications over time.
- Develop detailed and timely report design. Create the code using the reporting tool and database objects like stored procedures and views.
- Assist the Team Leader in establishing the strategic direction taken by the Application Development function, investigating new Windows and web-based technologies, productivity tools, and methodologies as new technologies evolve and developing the Application Development components of the IT Technology Plan.
- Determine overall technical design and structure of intranet and internet services. Stay current with current trends in programming, web development, database technologies, operating systems, and the information technology sector in general.
- Design, create and maintain database objects such as complex stored procedures, views, functions, indexes and tables for individual applications.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competency in operating systems, database administration and design, web development for both the intranet and internet, desktop application development, and security.
- Develop and maintain programs and methodologies that support internal hardware, software, and processes including capacity planning, configuration management, equipment replacement, security, and other related programs. Work to develop standard practices for the Application Development staff to include program coding, database design, user interface design, and overall software architecture.
- On a project by project basis coordinates development activities with Information Technology, MDC and the State of Missouri.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Serve as a technical resource for other programming staff. Work to help them resolve programming code, database, program design, and user interface issues.
- Conduct training sessions for customers on internal software applications developed by the Application Development Unit.
- Assist in research and work with consultants and vendors on purchased software. Test, convert data, implement, maintain and make enhancements to that software thereafter.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues or help other IT staff to resolve the application issues.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Business or closely related field.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience. One or more years of experience in C#, .Net software development for web application, preferred.
- Must maintain a valid, current driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of MVC, WCF and Entity Framework.
- Ability to use standard business software (spreadsheet and word processing) and project management software with traditional and Agile methodology.
- Ability to prepare and understand project plans in traditional project management as well as agile methodology, including GANTT charts.
- Ability to understand and use logic to work through Applications from start to finish, from developing the application, testing, debugging, and implementing it all the way to production.
- Ability to make independent decisions and act quickly and decisively on the determined course of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of all types of groups, Department staff and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and assist in resolving conflicts.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with Department personnel and the general public.
- Ability to develop and present programs to individuals and groups.
- Regularly work in a standard office environment.
- Remain stationary up to 70% of the time.
- Regularly communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less, precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Regularly lift up to 10 pounds.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Missouri Department of Conservation reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.
Exemption Status/Special Notes
This position has been determined to be Exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Employees must agree to accept compensatory time in lieu of cash payments in accordance with the Department’s Compensatory Time Off and Overtime Policy.
MDC promotes a Tobacco-Free (smoke and smokeless) working environment.
The Department of Conservation will only hire United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete an “Employment Eligibility Verification” (Form I-9) and produce requested documentation after employment.
Candidates seeking initial employment or re-employment must submit to a drug screen following offer of employment.
All persons employed with the state of Missouri shall file all state income tax forms and pay all state income taxes owed.