About The Office
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office (MDAO) serves the largest county in New England, covering 54 diverse cities and towns.
Our core mission is to protect and serve the people who work, live, and raise their families in Middlesex County. Assistant District Attorneys, Victim Witness Advocates, Paralegals, and other talented professionals pursue this mission through exhaustive investigations, unassailable prosecutions, and compassionate victim advocacy.
We are also committed to innovative crime prevention and intervention initiatives. Our staff partners with community groups, social service providers, medical professionals, private industry leaders, and law enforcement officers to address a variety of public safety issues.
Job Title Data Analyst
Full Time Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports to Director of Information Technology
Salary Commensurate with experience
Placement within MDAO MDAO Main Office in Woburn
The Data Analyst will support management by providing them with reports and analysis to assist them in their decision making process. Additionally, this position will implement new workflows and database improvements to meet evolving reporting requirements.
Great opportunity for a motivated process driven person who enjoys working with large data sets, developing complex reports while interpreting the results, creating dashboards to allow managers and staff to perform more efficiently and effectively, understand and act on the information provided.
Identify, create and implement various business processes to improve workflow.
Be a team member to achievement the desired objectives to improve business goals.
The Data Analyst will report to the Director of IT
· Design reports to analyze large data sets, including information entered into the office’s case management system
· Work closely with data entry staff managers to ensure the completeness and reliability of information being entered into case management system
· Meet regularly with management office wide to develop understanding of business processes, assess reporting needs, and construct reports and dashboards to meet those needs.
· Advise management on the implementation/optimization of workflows involving data entry into case management system
· Enhance functionality and efficiency by creating database functions and procedures as needed
· Additional duties assigned to the Information Technology department as required
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Criminal Justice or a related field. Alternatively, the equivalent number of years of proven experience in a similar role may stand for a degree.
· 2+ years of experience as a data analyst or comparable position querying and maintaining SQL/Oracle databases
· Working knowledge of SQL & PL/SQL
· Excellent organizational and project completion skills, with a strong attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of functional areas and different levels of management
· A dedicated, self-motivated person that is ambitious, creative, energetic, and has a strong work ethic
· A valid driver’s license, as travel across Middlesex County may be required
· A background check is required
· Experience with the Commonwealth case management system (“Damion”)
· Familiarly with the Commonwealth’s criminal justice system, particularly with court procedure
· Experience working with Powershell or Python
· Experience working with DBxtra Reporting software
The MDAO is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. The specific components and eligibility may vary based upon position classification, hours worked per week and other variables. Therefore, specific benefits for this position may be discussed as part of the interview and offer process for this position.
The overall benefits available include: Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave Time; Health, Dental and Vision Insurance through the Commonwealth’s Group Insurance Commission and a pre-tax Health Savings Account optional plan. In addition the MDAO provides employees the opportunity to elect Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Deferred Compensation Savings, Tuition Remission, Pre-Tax Commuter Account, along with other programs.
MDAO employees also participate in the Commonwealth’s State Retirement Plan, which can become a defined benefit plan for those that both vest and subsequently retire from state service.
The MDAO provides the ability to accrue up to two weeks of paid vacation leave per year, up to 3 personal days of leave per year (depending upon the quarter of the year that one’s employment begins), 11 recognized state / federal paid holidays, and the opportunity to accrue up to 9.375 hours of paid sick leave per month.
Commitment to Diversity
District Attorney Ryan is committed to building a diverse staff and has formed both internal and external diversity committees to help attract, hire, retain and promote the very best staff, diverse in background and perspective, while helping formulate and guide policy and decision making, and pursue the mission of the office. The MDAO is an equal opportunity employer. MDAO employees are at-will employees.
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office requires employees to have received COVID-19 vaccination or to have been approved for exemption as a condition of employment. Finalists will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination or request an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or if the vaccine is medically contraindicated.
Interested candidates should submit to Aliya Khalidi an MDAO Application form (found at www.middlesexda.com under the “About” tab) and forward it with a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the “Subject” line the position you are applying for.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the MDAO website at www.middlesexda.com to learn more about the work of the office.