Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to provide analytical and consulting support to the Northern Virginia Medical Group Leadership by analyzing, organizing, tracking, internally managing, and reporting data. This requires working with data systems, pulling information using SQL, analyzing information in Excel or other tools, and presenting data and findings to stakeholders. Prepares comprehensive analyses, operational and financial reports with written summaries to organizational leadership. Participates in the planning, preparation, and compilation of service area and departmental financial and operational targets.
This position may temporarily begin 100% remote due to COVID-19 and will eventually be based in the Tyson’s Corner, Virginia Medical Center with the ability to continue to work remotely a few days a week.
- Performs descriptive and in-depth analysis for problem solving and supports decision making, by extracting, cleaning, summarizing, tabulating and formatting data using tools such as SQL, SAS, Oracle SQL developer, Python, Tableau and others
- Participates in and/or lead projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned and manages internal and external customers
- Performs data analysis and provides consultative and advisory recommendations to Service Area leaders supplying data for strategic operational and financial decisions
- Develops complex clinical reports, including but not limited to utilization, performance and efficiency relevant to Patient Care, for stakeholders use in delivery system management
- Develops and automates reports using SQL, SAS, Excel and visual analytics using Tableau
- Conducts ongoing stakeholder education and provides management consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies, source data and systems
- Partners with Medical Office Controller in maintaining the budget system, managing department budget submissions, and monitoring service area financial and operations’ performance
- Develops and validates budget and target assumptions against historical results and industry expectations using internal systems and external data as available
- Participates in the planning and development of service area, departmental and/or functional budgets
- Demonstrates leadership and willingness to teach/inform stakeholders
- Works autonomously or collaboratively on stand-alone assignments or as part of a project team
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to financial management and budget systems, data integrity and privacy of non-financial data, and other data sets and systems
- Provides backup to Medical Office Controller as needed
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, data science, or related field is required
- Minimum of four (4) years of data analysis experience is required
- Highly proficient with SQL, SAS, Python, Tableau and Excel is required
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of multiple large databases or data warehouses is required
- Working knowledge of EPIC (Clarity) data systems is preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Consultative approach to understanding business partner needs, documenting partner needs, documenting detailed report requirements
- Ability to understand the big picture and remain mindful of supporting detail
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage through challenges to meet deadlines
- Effective team player
- Knowledge of health care data desired
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We value our diversity and E/O/E M/F/D/V.