Pasco Housing and Employment Coordinator VISTA
Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach AmeriCorps VISTA Program
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty in communities across the country. Through a partnership with VISTA, Metropolitan Ministries’ goal is to generate resources to expand housing, outreach, and food programs that support our mission of caring for the homeless and those at-risk of becoming homeless. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms, and receive a stipend, health coverage, loan forbearance and an education award. The Pasco Housing and Employment Coordinator will expand housing and employment resources for families and single women participating in MM’s Miracles for Pasco supported housing program. This is not a salaried position; this is a year-long position that receives a stipend, education award, health insurance, and other benefits. Metropolitan Ministries complies with all local, state, and federal COVID-19 requirements.
Service Term: 365 days
Days/Hours: This position is 40 hours/week. These may include early morning, day, and evening hours.
- Build partnerships with 20 landlords in Pasco County to increase affordable housing options for families and single women who are exiting homelessness.
- Create a housing resource guide to support housing program specialists and clients seeking housing.
- Build partnerships with 10 employers in Pasco County to increase employment opportunities for clients in Miracles for Pasco supported housing.
- Reach out to and build partnerships with 10 employers. Create an employer database and document all partnerships created.
- Develop employment resources to provide skills training and classes to clients in Miracles for Pasco.
- Develop an employment boot camp to provide intensive job training to clients. Develop curriculum and activities to meet client needs.
- Develop a resource guide to assist clients in further meeting their employment goals.
Position Requirements and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Must be a US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), or someone legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Stipend of $575.40 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
- Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend ($6,195 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
- Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
- Daily meals available on campus at no cost to the member
- Childcare assistance (if qualified)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
- Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
Apply for the AmeriCorps VISTA Pasco Housing and Employment Coordinator position on